Friday 12 April 2013

How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?


All five products I have created are meant to be identical to a certain extent; this is so the audience can connect all my products due to the similar style and designs I have used to create my products.

The re-occurring theme throughout my products is the use of flames and or explosions behind the protagonist, this is used to reinforce the adventure genre and create more excitement and thrill to the audience as well as creating an iconic pose on my print texts and on the end of my film trailers, as this creates the more abstract image I was aiming for to break conventions but also form a re-occurring iconic image that the audience can recognize as my work due to this challenge against convention by forming the abstract image.
 

I based my products on the “Indiana Jones” film franchise, because it is one of the biggest and most successful franchises in the film industry that has become well known making the pastiche imitation of my product more recognisable as an adventure genre film. This was the reason the protagonist’s consistent costume was only the long coat and the fedora, this hat was inspired by the “Indiana Jones” film franchise for the re-enforcement of the adventure genre. The style of my products is based on the Indiana Jones films, but the image I have created with my products and protagonist are used to link my products together, this shared elements between my products allows audiences to group my products together and the shared elements between my products and those of the “Indiana Jones” film franchise allow for audiences to associate my products with the same themes causing the re-enforced adventure and action themes to be created.
 

An element that my products all share is the use of iconic poses by my protagonist, I have done this because it allows for the audiences to automatically link my products but also creates the abstract image crafted by my trailers which makes them break conventions to be more appealing the audiences, however this shared element with my print products are conventional meaning that my products can easily be formed together whilst also creating a set of products that appeal to a more mainstream audience but do so by breaking conventions.


 
My audience feedback has shown me that the method of making my products more appealing by breaking certain conventions has been successful, this is because the feedback I have received about my products is how they are identical with the abstract ending of the trailers which has left an image with them that they use to link my products, this is evidence by the comments made by my target market responses. My responses are from students of Media Studies and teachers of this subject, but also those who have no affiliation with this subject making this response a sign that my products are linked together by the broken convention method I have employed for this purpose.   

     

No comments:

Post a Comment