Friday 12 April 2013

How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

The use of many different media technologies had allowed me to construct my products with various methods that allowed me to create unique products that are appropriate and effective for their purpose.

Sony Premium Vegas Movie Studio 11.0 is the editing software I used to create my products, when I bought this editing software I had no experience in using this type of editing software. This did not stop or hinder the creation of my products as I used the “help” option on my software to tell me how to create and use certain tools on the editing software, by using the help tool I was able to quickly learn how to use my software and create my products. The way I used my software was on the job, because time was of the essence I decided to jump straight into the course work and create the first video as the first product on my software meaning I was learning to use more advanced editing tools during the creation period of my products so throughout my work the quality of my work improved gradually over the course of creating my products the longer I experimented with my products to create effects which I have seen in professional trailers which allowed me to use the skills I have learnt to create products that were of a quality that was appropriate for the purpose.

I have used Sony Premium Vegas Movie Studio 11.0 because it was a more advanced and allowed me access to more proffessional and greater effects that aided in making my film trailers, this software is a better choice for me to have made because compared to Windows Movie Maker because of its more advanced layout and effects and I chose this editing software over the colleges Premiure Pro because I decided I would use one I bought myself so I could use it when and where I liked and gave me the capability to learn the software in more depth which allowed me to learn it more and improve my skill which has greatly improved during the evoloution of the coursework.

Prezi is internet based software I used to crate presentations to present my findings and feedback on my products so that I could present my information and progress in more interactive and creative way, this software took minimal learning to use but allowed me to have a more creative and interactive way of displaying my products and feedback.

Photoshop CS5 is the image editing software I have used in college and on my laptop to create the film magazine and poster for my coursework, I had used this software before I started this course meaning I already had a basic understanding of this software and with time I developed my skills on this software to create my final products as my skills increased throughout the period of the construction stage.

I bought and used my own video Camera, I did this because I always intended on buying one for myself and by purchasing one I was able to make use of the HD quality feature on my editing software due to the cameras capabilities. Another reason I decided to use my own camera was so I did not have to worry about using the colleges camera and be responcible for it and book it, because I was able to use my own which was of a higher quality and more beneficial for me to use.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment